As Asian Americans church leaders, we often struggle with saying no to others’ requests. In addition to pressures and expectations, the Asian culture of sacrifice is palpable. And regardless of whether we say yes or no, we often suffer the emotional and physical consequences of our decisions. Using a mental health framework, this workshop helps us experience emotional grounding that will bring clarity to the discernment process and empower us to say no when we need to.
The Center for Asian American Christianity at Princeton Theological Seminary is advancing the scholarly study of Asian American Christianity, developing a forward-looking vision for Asian American theology, and equipping and empowering Asian American Christians for faithful gospel ministry and public witness.
- Melissa Borja | Follow the New Way: How American Refugee Resettlement Policies Changed Hmong Religious Life
- Chinatown Rising to Evangelical Rising: Is Youth Ministry Changing the Ethnic Church?
- Doing Asian American Theology: A Conversation with Daniel D. Lee
- Charles Choe | Challenges, Transitions, and Opportunities in the 2nd-Generation Asian-American Church
- Gabriel J. Catanus | The Pastor as Patient and Agent
- Panel Discussion | Hope from Ashes July 18, 2022
- Why I Left the Taiwanese American Church 20 Years Ago January 4, 2023
- Asian Americans and the Future of Protestantism in the U.S. November 3, 2022
- Festival of Lights: Diwali in the Light of Jesus October 24, 2022
- To Stay or To Leave? — The Opportunity and Challenges of Asian American Evangelicalism December 19, 2022
- Chinatown Rising to Evangelical Rising: Is Youth Ministry Changing the Ethnic Church? March 15, 2023
- Doing Asian American Theology: A Conversation with Daniel D. Lee March 13, 2023
- Dismantling the “South Asian American Dream” March 2, 2023
- The (Un)Silenced Stories of Asian America: Faith and Grief in the Poetry of Jeanelle Fu February 17, 2023
- At What Cost? When Unity Isn’t Worth It: A Counter-Imagination of Unity in Difference February 9, 2023
Dialogues in Asian American Theology and MinistryPodcastVideo
Charles Choe | Challenges, Transitions, and Opportunities in the 2nd-Generation Asian-American Church
CAACMarch 10, 2023
Annual Mental Health ConferenceMental HealthPodcastVideo
Gabriel J. Catanus | The Pastor as Patient and Agent
CAACMarch 3, 2023